Friday, October 29, 2010

50K To Go...


So my posts for the next month will probably be few and far between as I am intending to do the National Novel Writing Month project.

The idea is to write approximately 175 pages (50K words is the actual goal) in a month. That probably won't leave me with much time for a whole lot of other writing so I thought I'd let you know.

I read about it from Captain JP and after perusing the site for a bit, I thought I'd give a try. You know, really ease into writing the great American novel and all that.

Now I just have to figure out what I'm going to write about...

6 comments:

  1. That's probably close to the top of the priority list. But I wouldn't know. I don't write, I just put up images and hope someone likes them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. baydog, but you are so tricky with your blog titles! not just random photos for you.

    Cap'n Black, good luck. my sister is an English teacher, who often dabbles with writing short stories and I think 1 novel so far - she won't even attempt the NaNoWriMo.

    I have trouble keeping up with my 2 blogs - so more power to ya!

    wv: flushn - I'm flushn my novel down the drain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yeah - if you like "Hyperbole and a Half", you are going to love The Oatmeal

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! Yeah, the Oatmeal is great, though I haven't visited in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, good luck. I've done this thing since 2004. If you'd like to be writing buddies, my NaNo ID is cabyrnes .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Carol Anne! I appreciate the support. This is turning out to be harder than I thought. I'm falling behind already. I am a procrastinator with an appreciation for deadlines though...

    ReplyDelete