So I didn't make it down to the boat on Saturday but I did on Sunday.
I really just went to check up on her but my dad was putting up the flexible whiteboard when I got there so I got to do a little work too which was good. We put the whiteboard on the starboard side next to the ladder so that we could cover up the eyesore that once was the holes where we previously had our instruments.
We had our cockpit floor redone last winter due to its slightly sponge-like nature and we decided to upgrade our instruments due to their unreliable readings and constantly broken status. This meant we only had gross, blackhead-esque plugs where the backs of the instruments used to be. Not at all appropriate for a proper sea-going vessel. The new Garmin instruments we decided on were put onto the shiny new, slightly higher, steering pedestal.
So...we drilled the holes for the screws that were going to hold the wooden frame of the whiteboard and while the top screws dug into the fiberglass and held, the bottom ones did not, despite being the same size. So its back to the hardware store for some slightly longer screws. And I still have to get around to that sanding...
On the plus side, I dig get to read a bit more of Lin & Larry Pardey's Self-Sufficient Sailor of which I'm about halfway through. They certainly have some interesting and innovative ideas for cruising which I'll share at a later date; probably when I make it the rest of the way through the book.