Thursday, March 24, 2011

America's Cup 34 - Two More Teams Signed Up!

Picture Source: americascup.com

With only 1 week to go before the deadline for entries is up, two additional teams have signed up as challengers in the  34th America's Cup!

With Emirates Team New Zealand having also officially signed on, this brings the total number of competitors to 10.

This means that the current list of teams for America's Cup 34 is as follows; 
Aleph (France)Artemis Racing (Sweden)Emirates Team New Zealand (New Zealand)Energy Team (France)Mascalzone Latino (Italy)Team Australia, three undisclosed teams and the defender of the cup, BMW ORACLE Racing.

Sweet! 

I enjoy seeing more teams because frankly, I think its more exciting.

2 comments:

  1. Peter, I agree. The more teams competing, the more exciting it is. I really couldn't stand how the last AC played out. I need lots of eliminations and hard-fought victories. I'll always say that '87 in Perth was my favorite AC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, its kind of disappointing when there are two teams and it becomes pretty obvious who's going to win. Doesn't lessen the win, its just less fun to watch.

    As for my favorite AC, it has to be the one in 2000 in Auckland if only because I got to be there at the time and I really just got wrapped up in the excitement.

    ReplyDelete