Monday, April 26, 2010

Abby Sunderland's Change of Plans


Just read on Abby Sunderland's blog, Zac Sunderland's little sister, that despite trying to go for the youngest, solo, non-stop around the globe record; there is going to have to be a change of plans.

She is headed into Cape Town to get repairs done on her auto pilot which ends the non-stop aspect of her trip. Kind of bummer. I feel bad for her. That has got to be disappointing, especially when Jessica Watson should be coming into Sydney in just shy of a week.

I know that when I do my circumnavigation, I'm going to stop quite a bit. I see that as half the fun. Going new places and sailing to get there. [sigh] Alas, I'm also not going for a world record, so...there's that.

Anyhow, you can read about it on Abby's blog here and at the NY Daily News here.

No comments:

Post a Comment