Monday, April 12, 2010

Clipper 11-12 Round the World Yacht Race



I didn't do anything boating related this weekend.


I took the weekend off and went hiking up in Westminster, MD with my girlfriend, Danielle at the Hashawha Environmental Center on Saturday. It was a gorgeous day for it too. 75 degrees and sunny is really hard to beat for just being outside. Sunday I went to the Washington Capitals hockey game in DC instead of sanding. However....


I was reading a mini-interview with Sir Robin Knox-Johnston (as I tend to do occasionally) from Sail Magazine and it lead me to a link of a race that he founded. The Clipper Round the World Yacht Race. I'm not quite sure how I missed the reference in Adam Turinas' post but it probably had a lot to do with me not knowing anything about the race to begin with. 


After reading how it is a round the world race for people who may or may not have any sailing ability, an "opportunity for people from all walks of life to compete in a round the world yacht race", I promptly signed up. Its not that I don't think I have any sailing skills because I certainly do. I guess I just like to be humble about it. Plus, any sailing expedition where the boat is provided sounds good to me.


 So not only is it sailing around the world; its racing too! How could I not sign up

2 comments: